Belgian Shoes seem (to me, at least) to be the ultimate college footwear.
Most college students seem to favor hoodies, pajama pants or sweatpants, and sneakers, flip-flops, or Topsiders. Sometimes even slippers, or Uggs if they’re female.
It’s a mixture of sleepwear, athletic wear, and loungewear. Not ideal as far as these things go.
Belgians, however, are the most versatile shoes in the world once you get past the bow. They’re essentially bedroom slippers that you can wear to a black tie event as long as they’re the right color. It doesn’t matter whether they’re brand new or old and worn out; they look great either way.
Perfect for throwing on en route to an early morning class, or extracurricular drinking. Much better than flip flops.
With this in mind, I’d like to establish something of a uniform for myself when I go off to college, just to wear around the dorms. It’ll be comfortable, but still look put together.
Ideally, this would be:
- Brooks Extra-Slim-Fit Oxford button-down shirt
- Levi’s 501, raw or cream, hemmed with no break
- Tretorn Nylites, Alden LHS in #8 shell, or Belgian Shoes
- Navy blazer or herringbone sport coat, as required
- Olive Barbour Liddesdale jacket
- Ties, belts ‘n’ shit.
All of this will be worn until faded, frayed, and threadbare.
Now, I’ve just got to scrape together the requisite dough somehow and get the elements I don’t already have.
(And yes, I know, these are not true Belgians, but they’re pretty damn cool. As far as I’m concerned, the guys who make these are qualified to do so.)
- theivyleaguelook likes this
- bvnj likes this
- acharmedexistance reblogged this from thetudorhouse
- blessedbrunette likes this
- fresh-tracks likes this
- thetudorhouse reblogged this from imperialblack
- imperialblack reblogged this from vonfranz
- fuckyeahgendutt reblogged this from vonfranz
- irvingplace reblogged this from vonfranz
- haitian-sensation reblogged this from vonfranz
- spookyck likes this
- thenudebootysnatcher likes this
- sloce likes this
- sloce said: Wait a second, you’re not in college?
- vonfranz posted this